It was February 6, 2023, when Google announced an experimental conversational AI tool called ‘BARD’. Many consider it to be a rival to ChatGPT. There is a perception that this conversational AI chatbot is on an experimental basis, so Google may bring something new to the platform.
Is BARD Google’s next step to AI? Let us take a deeper look into this!
We have all heard of the Microsoft-backed AI tool, ChatGPT. Google’s ‘BARD’ is just the answer to this conversational AI rival.
According to Google, BARD AI aims to bring together global knowledge through innovative approaches, efficiency, and intelligence of their extensive language database.
Using the inputs provided, it retrieves the required information from the web. The goal is to provide the user with the most relevant information.
Similarly to ChatGPT, BARD will gather the most relevant information to answer the question. To collect the data, BARD will use the Internet and search engines.
Sometime back, Google was seen working on a conversational AI service tool, which was powered by LaMDA. It is now referred to as BARD AI by Google.
Google had recently opened up with the tool and began testing it with some trustworthy sources to be able to get BARD online in competition with ChatGPT and make it available to the users in a short span of time.
According to Sundar Pichai, Google’s CEO, BARD is a significantly smaller model that will need less computational resources, which in turn will help scale more users.
Google is targeting high-quality standards once BARD AI is launched officially to the public.
An extension to ‘BARD’ like tools, Google is also aiming to develop more tools that will help individuals build more such creative AI applications.
The online sector has been dominated by Google for quite some time. A new AI chatbox called ChatGPT, which provides pinpoint answers to questions entered by users, changed the scenario for Google.
BARD was introduced by Google as a response to ChatGPT AI conversational tool. BARD AI is reportedly the same conversational AI tool that Google worked on using LaMDA sometime back as mentioned earlier in this article.
BARD, according to Sundar Pichai, will fetch information from the internet and provide high-quality and up-to-date information, unlike Chat GPT.
ChatGPT’s data bank of information expires in 2021. Subjects or topics occurring after 2021 cannot be included in ChatGPT.
It was reported that Microsoft’s invested ChatGPT created a panic in Google once it was rolled out. The ‘search’ criteria market seemed to be dominated by Google for quite some time. However, ChatGPT gained unimaginable popularity right from the start.
By using the latest AI model that ChatGPT was based on, it became quite obvious Google was looking forward to something to hold back its earlier position in the market. In response to ChatGPT, BARD emerged in the market.
The service is not yet openly available to the public but is being used experimentally by some trusted Google sources. The experts believe that BARD will have many more added features in comparison to ChatGPT.
The search giant will do everything in its power to win back users from ChatGPT and turn them over to BARD.
As experts see it, BARD’s features differ slightly from those of ChatGPT, the AI-generated content tool, even though it is not available to the general public.
In spite of the fact that both tools rely on artificial intelligence, they have certain key differences that should not be overlooked.
In addition, it will be interesting to see how the feature war between ChatGPT and BARD will play out once BARD is available to the public for daily use.
1. BARD uses a language model called (LaMDA) “Language Model for Dialogue Applications,” while ChatGPT uses GPT-3.
2. In comparison to traditional search engines, ChatGPT responds to queries with a conversational dialogue, while BARD will provide detailed responses.
3. The data source from where the data is retrieved is another difference between ChatGPT and BARD. Using BARD, you can retrieve answers to questions from the internet. Therefore, it will contain the most recent answers to frequently asked questions. In contrast, the ChatGPTs data bank expires at the end of 2021.
4. There is only one text format for ChatGPT answers. It answers the questions asked. BARD, however, will provide information segment by segment.
5. There are currently multiple versions of ChatGPT available. The number of parameters ranges from 117 million to 6 billion. Unlike BARD, which has 1.6 billion parameters in just one version.
6. A built-in plagiarism detection tool is available in ChatGPT, whereas no such tool is available in BARD at the moment.
7. Questions that ChatGPT is unaware of will not be answered. For questions that cannot be directly answered by BARD, it will provide the closest search results.
In terms of BARD and SEO’s future, there are mixed opinions. It is important that we understand how BARD and other AI tools might impact SEO in the future.
Traffic to a website depends on the user clicking on the link and opening it. Users do not click links from AI-generated results, thus there is no data to support this claim.
As of now, these tools are used to provide answers or information to questions that users have in their minds rather than providing options for them to choose from.
Whenever a user searches for a query, they typically receive quick results. It takes time for AI conversational tools to answer a query. There is never a willingness among users to wait for answers to appear.
In addition, users are now used to having several options for a single query. A list of options is what users are looking for.
SEO is likely to survive in the age of artificial intelligence, according to many experts. To generate content for a particular query, SEOs will use AI conversational tools to generate content and reduce their own research time.
SEO service providers may use AI tools like ChatGPT to generate content.
Furthermore, it is important to distinguish between the process of generating content and the process of creating content from scratch. It is possible for ChatGPT and BARD to generate content but it is not possible for them to create content.
If you ask a question that is not on the internet, neither BARD nor ChatGPT will be able to answer it.
As soon as BARD is available to the general public, SEO strategies will undergo significant changes. However, only time will tell whether it will have a positive or negative impact on SEO.
There have already been instances in ChatGPT where incorrect information was provided to certain queries. It will not be possible for users to ignore inaccurate information more than once.
Since users are accustomed to finding a list of answers and selecting the one they find most appropriate, they will return to Google or another search engine.
For whatever they search for, users prefer graphics, images, and maps. Considering such facts, it becomes difficult to predict how BARD and SEO will cooperate.
As human beings, chatbots may not be able to provide information in a fluent conversation. User-added queries can, however, provide pinpoint information.
Among the features of BARD AI are the following
1. Information is collected from the internet by BARD.
2. In order to improve the database, it gathers feedback from users.
3. It is based on a language model called LaMDA.
4. Using technology, innovation, and intelligence, it provides the user with the most accurate information.
5. Artificial intelligence algorithms are used to provide appropriate answers.
6. The system can produce high-quality answers to questions.
There is a fear that AI bots may kill SEO for many newbies in the SEO field. However, many SEO experts believe businesses should not panic. The use of such technology will not result in the loss of jobs.
This will instead lead to a change in how we carry out our responsibilities.
AI In the future, bots will change how SEO is done. From an SEO perspective, many strategies will change. It is anticipated that AI bots will assist in reducing the time needed to research a variety of topics.
SEO businesses should change the way they look at AI bots. They should instead focus on how to optimise websites and content for clients using AI technology.
These power-enriched technologies may lead to the creation of new and powerful search engines. With such search engines, search queries can be answered with more accurate data and information.
Business leaders are seeing AI as an opportunity rather than a hindrance. Any time a change is set to roll out, change adaptability is the best option for the organisation.
It’s the same with AI bots and search engine optimisation. One should not forget that AI bots are dependent on the internet and search engines like Google to gather information and generate the best possible results for the user.
The dependency of AI bots on search engines illustrates how search engines will be around for a very long time, but how they are used may change.
An error in factual information was made against a query by BARD AI and was known worldwide. This proved that technology comes with a set of limitations.
Such systems have a difficult time collecting information and presenting the best version to users with so much going on every day.
Taking a look at the limitations of Google BARD AI, we find the following.
1. A chatbot is completely dependent on the internet and search engines. It is impossible for them to distinguish between facts and opinions. In order to provide the best possible information for a particular search, they will consider whatever information is available on the internet for that query.
2. It is crucial that the information generated by these chatbots be verified by the user before being used in order to minimise the possibility of errors.
3. When these AI bots gather data for the user, they cannot determine if certain requests on the internet have incorrect data. They use what’s already available on the Internet.
4. Data is first collected and content is generated based on this data by these bots. Soon enough, the content generated will be similar to the original queries with only slight differences. Website owners will have to deal with duplicate content as a result. Using these AI bots completely should not be the norm.
5. BARD AI does not create any new information. Even if the information is incorrect, it simply collects what is already there.
BARD can be used for day-to-day searches, according to Google. In addition, it will help developers in terms of AI innovation. Here’s how it will work:
1. As a result of BARD, search engines will be able to display information in a more simplified format. Above all other information displayed on the screen, users will receive a very specific answer to their query. It will be up to the user to decide whether they wish to utilise the specific information provided or to select an alternative option.
2. BARD can be used by users and companies to obtain information for their projects and campaigns, which will save both time and money.
3. With BARD, social media users will be able to gather content for specific topics more easily.
BARD AI itself is a new voice-search-based technology that will permit users to search a query using their voice. In other words, it will be similar to the Google voice search that was used earlier.
Google’s BARD AI will display the best results based on the user’s query as soon as they speak it.
Because BARD is compatible and integrated with Google, the outcome will be very quick for the users. It will be easier for users to ask questions and receive quick responses by speaking instead of typing long ones.
The technology behind Google’s voice search has been refined to meet the needs of users everywhere.
As Google integrates BARD AI with its current search engine, users around the world will be able to use this AI technology in their local language.
On a global platform, BARD AI and Google Voice search will complement each other to offer the best possible experience.
The world knows that BARD had a disastrous experimental start. It generated data that was incorrect. The ChatGPT service, on the other hand, has been receiving a warm response all over the world.
Despite how things appear at first glance, there is more to it. BARD AI has already been compared to ChatGPT and has been deemed more beneficial by many experts.
In light of BARD’s advantages, we can say that it will outsmart ChatGPT in the near future. In order to achieve this goal, BARD will be integrated into the current Google search engine.
In comparison to ChatGPT, this will enable it to generate results much faster. In addition, voice search will be supported. BARD will become more popular around the world as a result of this feature. In addition, users will find it easier to use.
Voice search is supported by ChatGPT, but it is not as refined as Google voice search. Comparatively, BARD will display the regular results alongside images, graphics, maps, and much more based on the asked query.
In addition to what they are accustomed to, users will be able to check out a new feature. In comparison with ChatGPT, BARD AI aims to gain more users with this strategy.