With over 550 million users, LinkedIn is a social network platform that is all about building your network and connections. Unlike Facebook, Twitter or many other popular social media platforms, LinkedIn is used for professional networking and has offered businesses a prospect for growth, which at one stage was not possible.
As a result of LinkedIn’s meteoric rise, your LinkedIn Company Page represents a huge opportunity to establish your business as an industry leader and boost your brand awareness. So, if you are a business owner or an entrepreneur looking to gain some attention and boost your profile on LinkedIn, follow some of our helpful tips below to achieve effective results in no time.
Our Top 10 Tips for LinkedIn Business Page Success
- Update your profile image and banner – The most important aspect to understand here is that first impressions most definitely matter, as this is the first thing a potential customer is going to see. Choosing a profile picture is extremely straightforward, you just need to take your company logo and resize it to fit with LinkedIn’s requirements. Remember, Company pages with profile pictures get six times more visitors than those without.
In regards to how you choose to hang your Company Profile banner is completely up to you. You can go for a simple, stylish graphic approach or you can use your header to display your creativity. Either approach can be successful for your business.
2. Write a compelling “About us” Section – The “About Us” section on your Company Page gives you 2,000 characters or less to tell visitors everything they need to and should know about your company. You should look to implement relevant keywords in this section, so make sure you make your decisions based off of informed keyword research. This paragraph should answer the following questions:
· Who are you?
· What do you offer?
· Where are you based?
· What are your values?
· How can people contact you to find out more?
3. Fill out other key fields – Even though you have completed the “About Us” section, other key fields should not be ignored. Completed company pages receive twice as many visitors than those with incomplete pages. Having a fully completed profile will make you much more visible to people searching LinkedIn for brands similar to yours. Make sure your page includes the following information:
· HQ Country
· Company Size
4. Create Showcase Pages – Where your Company Page is a complete overview of your business and its values, Showcase Pages are niche pages that allow a company to promote specific products or market to a specific target audience. This allows businesses to promote for and cater to the audience specific to the page. One last tip about Showcase Pages is that they’re vastly underused. If you are able to capitalise on this it’ll but you a step ahead of your competition.
5. Provide Expert Content – If you are able to create and provide content that demonstrates your company’s expertise in your field, you are already on the right path. You can increase your company’s reputation and build trust among your target audience by sharing articles that solve problems they are likely to be experiencing. Once you’ve built your reputation and established expertise in your field the traffic to your page will undoubtedly increase, as customers will be going to your company for advice.
6. Engage Your Audience – Another extremely valuable tip is to be sure to create engaging content that encourages users to share and comment on your post, this creates a conversation with your readers. Posts such as asking questions, holding contests, voting posts or even sharing stories about certain topics will urge your readers to engage with you. One other thing you should do is reply to people’s comments on your posts, as that will build the feeling of community and also that your company cares about them.
7. Share Other Content – Along with sharing your own content, it’s beneficial to share content from other sources. You do not want to produce all of your own content, as when you do this, your page will come across as solely self-promoted. However, sharing content from multiple other sources your page will be seem more directed around your audience’s needs. Having multiple sources of industry information will improve your pages traffic as new levels of trust will be built between you and your audience.
8. Optimise Your Page – Do not forget about SEO. LinkedIn is very similar to Google and other search engines because it has its own search parameters to ranking company pages. So, when you are filling in your “About Us” section, it is very important you make sure to incorporate relevant keywords that will ensure your company page is appearing in the right searches.
9. Collect and give endorsements and Increase Credibility – No matter what your company is, it should always aim to increase its credibility. LinkedIn offers a great opportunity for you to do exactly that with its ‘Recommendations’ section. By requesting recommendations from people you have previously done business with, you can increase your credibility with potential business connections. By implementing recommendations onto your Company Page you are giving yourself a great opportunity to grow, as who wouldn’t want to work with a business that has several positive reviews about its service?
10. Keep your eye on the competition – Keeping a close eye on your competition is another thing you can do to help the effectiveness of your page. By inspecting what the competition does well and not so well will help you learn what works and what doesn’t. Also, LinkedIn publishes an annual list of the 10 best Company Pages, so make sure you visit every one of these profiles and study how they’ve optimised their pages.